You work for a small radio station that plays songs. All of their CDs are in the original CD storage cases, but the CDs are randomly put in storage-style boxes. The boxes do not have labels and are not in order. Each time you need to play a particular song, you have to manually search through the boxes to find the CD that has the song you need. It has become a habit that as individuals finish playing a CD, they would simply put it in the nearest box. Explain how to use the six steps of the PSDLC to develop a workable plan for alleviating this problem
The issues on storage organization especially when involving the arrangement of different items particularly situated in a commercial establishment is a huge matter that needs careful attention as the said arrangement of items naturally involve the clients, the shop caretakers and the service and business exchange that happens within the area. With the given situation above, it could be considered that the application pf PSDLC procedure could actually be used for best results.
The said procedures include the following:
1. Understand the problem: in this case the problem is obviously based on the system of arrangement and motivation on the part of the customers to place the CDs back to their own cases so as to avoid commotion among the coming customers.
2. Planning the solution: for this situation, it is important to place in call outs at the top of the shelves or wherever is it readable for the customers that says they should place back the items to their proper cases. Besides that, an identification code should also be used in case some customers should still have a hard time following the rule so as to help shop keepers a better chance to find CD cases immediately.
3. Develop the solution: through the application of the solution above, it is essential that the shop keeper place the code system right beside the shelves where shop keepers could immediately see them and use them for references when they are arranging the said items.
4. Build/code: It is very important that the codes are known and established so as to assess the process of arrangement that the store keepers agreed to follow.
5. Test the solution: for a three week period the solution’s application shall be tested whether the call outs are given attention by the customers and the codes are being used by the shop keepers.
6. Implement solution: once the solution is proven effective, it shall then be imposed as a regular rule on the shop.
7. Maintain the solution: every now and then, shop keepers are to be reminded of the duty that they need to complete whenever they are stationed in an area where CDs are misplaced and the arrangement of the items are mismatched.
Through the mentioned solution, the problem is hoped to be given solution thus giving the shop keepers and the clients of the shop as well to receive better chances of getting through their responsibilities and the latter with their CD-shopping in a much easier process.